As of June 25, 2010, ThinkBalm Innovation Community is now Tandem Learning Innovation Community and is no longer operated by ThinkBalm. Read announcement here.
What ThinkBalm Innovation Community Was All About
The mission of the ThinkBalm Innovation Community was to advance adoption of work-related use of the Immersive Internet — virtual worlds, immersive learning environments, and virtual event platforms. We focused on use cases like meetings, learning, conferences, business activity rehearsal, prototyping, data visualization, system and facility management, and human resources management. From its launch in August of 2008 until it was handed over to Tandem Learning in May of 2010, ThinkBalm Innovation Community evolved into a mix between a social network, collaborative laboratory, and guild. The community was made up of bright and passionate Immersive Internet advocates, practitioners, and technology providers. As of June, 2010 the community had more than 470 members. For more details see:
- Announcement: “ThinkBalm Innovation Community is now Tandem Learning Innovation Community,” June 25, 2010
- Blog post: “Who is in the ThinkBalm Innovation Community?” Aug. 13, 2009
- Q&A about ThinkBalm and the ThinkBalm Innovation Community, June 25, 2009
- Library of ThinkBalm Innovation Community work products
The culture of our community was part of what made it so special. The community was a safe place for people to explore, experiment, and network. Transparency breeds trust. To this end, we required all members to agree:
- To focus their conversation in the community on work-related use of immersive technologies
- Not use the community LinkedIn group or events to market their products or services
- To use their real professional names on their LinkedIn posts and at community events.